Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Work. Running. Life.

Hey! I’m writing two days in a row!!! WOOT!… I also realized today that I made a few mistakes in my blog from yesterday. I apologize! I need to read and re-read before posting. Also, my preview looked totally different from what I ended up with. TROUBLE. TROUBLE. But practice makes perfect on this thing.

Update on my work life: Yesterday I mentioned having a more stable work schedule. Well, my receptionist job is stable, but my Banana Republic job is so sporadic that it’s hard to plan my life (and I’m a planner). Plus, I don’t even find out till Friday if I work 2 days later on Sunday, so it’s hard to know if I can ever teach Sunday school. Anyway, I was offered a job 2 weeks ago to be a Shift Supervisor for Starbucks. It would be a pay increase; it’s not as far away from my house and also will give me a stable work schedule. Well, I went to interview number one, then two and yesterday was number three. I had to go through all three because it’s a management position. So, now I am waiting… Cross your fingers.

So, I think I’m going to start running… again. I used to run and then I stopped and then I started running again. Then I stopped again. So on and so forth. Well, I started running, again, 3 months ago, ran a race and then got busy and the weather got too hot, so I stopped. The weather shouldn’t be an excuse because (HELLO) I own a treadmill. So, I’m not letting it be an excuse any longer. My cousin, Julie runs year round and I honestly don’t know how. I get bored with it or too busy for it and then begin to miss it so I start again. Am I alone here? Anyone do this other than me? And any advice on how to stay motivated?

Well, in the middle of writing this Starbucks called and I got the job!

Any comments or questions let me know.


1 comment:

  1. Yay for new and better jobs! I've always wanted to work at a starbucks, but they aleays serm to be at full capacity down here! Boo for running. I'm so not a runner! :)

    ReplyDelete