- I want to Thank everyone for reading, commenting and following me. I greatly appreciate the fact that someone/anyone wants to read about my thoughts and stories of my life.
- I've been trying to read a book every month.. It was part of this past year's New Years Resolution.
- January was "Gone for Good" by Harlan Coben, February was "Mommywood" by Tori Spelling, March was "Pursuit" by Karen Robard, April was "Hold Tight" by Harlan Coben, May was "Obsession" by Karen Robard, June was "Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang" by Chelsea Handler, July was "Shattered" by Karen Robard, August was "Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir of Kathy Griffin" by Kathy Griffin... I skipped September, October and November because I just couldn't get into the book I was trying to read. BUT then I started to read James Patterson and have been hooked ever since!
- I have been reading "Kiss the Girls:" by James Patterson. So, we decided to rent the movie.. It sucks compared to the book. I hate when I get all excited about something and it lets me down.
- I'm done with Christmas shopping!
- Tonight, I'm clearing off the dinner table, popping open a bottle (or two) of wine and having myself a wrapping party!
- I probably won't write these next few days because I plan to be busy with Christmas Festivities.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
You like how I ran two subjects together? Me too. Thanks for reading my ramble. Also, please check out my recipes on my other blog, Foodies Anonymous.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas week!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
- I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (it snowed last year).
- It's supposed to be 54 degrees on Christmas Eve with 0% precipitation so we won't see snow.
- I'm off Christmas Eve and then work Christmas. I've never had to work a Christmas before.
- I'm about half way done with my Christmas shopping... I wanted to be done and just be wrapping this weekend but nope!
- I've never been kissed under a mistletoe... but I always see how awkward/romantic they make it in movies and have always dreamt of it one day happening to me.
- It was actually once believed that if you weren't kissed under the mistletoe you wouldn't be able to wed in the upcoming year... I hope it happens to me this year since I'm suppose to get married May 28
- I hate eggnog.
- I hate when people write "XMAS" because like my Mamaw always says "don't take Christ out of Christmas"
My Christmas Eve/Christmas Schedule (because I know everyone is dying to know my plans):
Christmas Eve- 10am: Head over to Papaw & Mamaw's for our big Christmas breakfast and to open gifts with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins, and thier wives and kids.
2pm: Head to Fort Smith to see Coy's family and exchange gifts with them.
8pm: Head home. Followed by sleep...
Christmas- 8am: Christmas at my Mom's. Breakfast and exchanging gifts with my mom, sister and my sister's boyfriend.
5pm- Dinner and gifts with my love!
The first full weekend is January we have to head back up to Fort Smith for our other Christmas Celebrations... The past few months have been extremely busy for us. I feel like everytime I turn around I have to find someone to watch the dogs again. My poor babies.
Well, I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!! Thanks for reading.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I do a little of both. It depends what it is and who it is for.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artifical. I mean real smells good but it's also a huge mess.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually after the day or sometime that weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Hopefully before New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favorite gift received as a child? umm... That's a toughy.... My blow-up trampoline.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Uncle
8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister, Jenny
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not at my house, but I always grew up with several around the house at this time of year.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail... but I may email this year since I haven't had time to pick out cards.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? 2 years ago, I recieved an ugly purse and wasn't able to return it because the store is was purchased from wasn't in town.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas with the Kranks
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December. (And I am so behind.)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? We always have a big breakfast on Christmas Eve... LOVE IT!
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Santa, Baby!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home usually... but we are traveling this year
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitson, and Rudolph.
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree?Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with my big family. Christmas day with my little family. lol
22. Favorite children's Christmas song? umm.. "I Want A Hippopotomus For Christmas"
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The debate about Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays... I will say Merry Christmas to those I know who are celebrating it and in sake of not offending people, Happy Holidays all the other times. What if someone celebrates Hannakah.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? green and red
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Ham
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Espresso Machine.
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I don't know... Maybe 5 or 6... 7
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot Cocoa
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Love the reds, greens and golds!
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? no
32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Chimney
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Gift Cards
34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
1. We are re-doing our bedroom and bathroom. Just small changes because we like the black and cream colors we have now, but we need a new comforter. I love this one:
2.We NEED new towels... Right now they are hot pink because I was 18 when I bought them... We are going to do tan towels and put the hot pink ones in the guest bathroom for now.
3. I want a Panini maker... It also will be great for quesadillas and such.
4. I'd also love new bath rugs.
5. Also, we recently ditched my old crappy rug in our living room so I could use a new one... It looks so empty without it.
6. I want drapes in kitchen, but we may or may not ask for them.
I'm sure I will find many more items to put on there. Though, we are not putting an Espresso Machine (if you read earlier posts then you know I've been wanting one) on there because my Mom is buying us one for Christmas.
On to even more exciting news... BUR-BUR-BURR! I've lost 5lbs during my first week of Weight Watchers... I can't wait to say 10lbs. I also have bad news though... I fell on the treadmill Tuesday and busted up BOTH knees (especially the right one) after hobbling for several days and numerous sleep-less nights, they are feeling better... BUT (here's the bad news) it still hurts so incredibly bad when I try and run, so I haven't been able to. My poor knees!
Thanks for reading! Come back on Wednesday for Randomness.