Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lucky Me

When I met Coy I thought he was too good to be true. He was everything I had ever wished for. I realized that he could possibly be “the one” while watching a movie one night. I just came out and said “why can’t I find anything wrong with you?” Before you go thinking “well, that’s random”, let me explain. After a long relationship with a guy who taught me many life lessons, but just wasn’t “the one”. I went through several first dates, few second dates and rarely a third date, because normally by the first or second I would already find something I didn’t like about them. Now, here I am on date #12 with Coy and I can’t figure out why he isn’t already hitched to some girl much nicer than me…. Anyway, I ask “why can’t I find anything wrong with you?” and he turns and says “I’ve been wondering the same thing about you”. “Really? You can’t find anything wrong with me? NOTHING? You sure? Let me list just a few then:

1. I get grouchy when I don’t get enough sleep

2. I get grouchy when I haven’t eaten in awhile

3. I get grouchy around “that time of the month”

4. I get grouchy when you do something I don’t like

You still don’t want to run away?” Nope, he stayed and he has seen the brat that sometimes takes over my body and still stays. Amazing!... Shortly after that I realized I was truly in love with him. The story is a bit funny looking back on it. We had gone to Fort Smith to visit some of his friends and he wanted me to see what “Pub Crawl” was. To make this short, he drank a little too much that night and ended up passing out, sprawled out on the twin bed we were both supposed to share. The first half of the night I slept smushed between the wall and him in the bed but he was nearly falling off the bed in his drunken slumber so I decided he would probably be more comfortable in the bed alone. So, I decided to lie on the floor with my jacket as my pillow and his jacket as my blanket. As I laid there I said out loud, “Aren’t you glad I love you?” Umm, did I say that out loud? I mean I’d thought about how I was falling in love with him before that moment, but here I am saying it out loud to a nearly deaf ear. About 2 weeks later, he told me he had something to tell me but was afraid of my response and I told him not to worry I probably wanted to say this certain something too. That’s when he said he’d known for awhile but wanted to wait for the right time and that he loved me. Since then I have fallen more and more in love with him. Who knew you could love someone so much? He keeps me level-headed and he helps me see all the ways I can become a better person. He is truly the most amazing man I’ve ever met, other than my grandfather who has more patience than any other human being I know. Coy is truly my Mr. Right!

I’d love to hear other people’s stories. Feel free to leave them in the comments.



3 comments:

  1. AWE!! I thought the same about Chris! I was always looking for him to do something really bad like with my exes and to this day he still amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an amazing feeling knowing you've found Mr. Right. I'm very happy for you found Chris and two have beautiful son together. I love hearing about happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan and I didn't say "I love you" until we were engaged!! Isn't that weird?! At the beginning of our relationship he told me he didn't want to say it to any girl except the one he was going to marry. We both knew it was love, and we talked about marriage often, so the anticipation of a proposal was killing me! He said "you'll know I'm going to propose when I say 'I love you' " and sure enough, on Christmas morning 2006 we were napping in front of the fireplace. I was half-asleep and he whispered it every so slightly. I assumed I was hearing things, or he was just wrapped up in the moment, but when I rolled over to look at him, he was holding a little black box with my ring in it!!
    and we lived happily ever after...

    ReplyDelete