Thursday, August 5, 2010

Update

So, I changed my background which then messed up my previous post. Whoops!
UPDATE: Started my new job Monday. LOVE IT! I just pray that I will continue catching on and remembering all the drink recipes. Also, I started my diet Monday. After Coy’s and my vacation this past weekend, I decided that I’ve put this off long enough and if I’m getting married next summer, I need to get skinny again. I’ve been thinking about how I used to be 20lbs lighter but that I’d be happy just losing 10. Then, this weekend I was in a picture a bit tipsy and there is my gut just hanging out. Shameful, I know. Then, to make matters worse I begin complaining to my friend that is like 5’6” 110lbs and her response is “don’t worry I sometimes look pregnant in pictures, too”. After that I decided that once Coy and I got home I was starting my diet and workout plan. So, we have been doing P90X and I’ve been counting calories since Monday. Wish me luck!
Coy starts his orientation week this Monday, which technically is classes within a getting to know you week. Then, his family is coming into town for his White Coat Ceremony that following Saturday. So, this means my intermediate family meets his. Yay! Very Exciting... I’m off work for his White Coat Ceremony but he has two dinners this next week for “Med Students and Spouses”, that I will be unable to attend due to my new job. Which sucks, but what’s a girl to do?.. Also, I joined the support group for Med Students and Their Spouses and we had to miss the first event of the school year because we were out of town and I have a feeling I’ll miss many more…. We have decided though, that 4 nights out of the 7 we must have dinner together. My work schedule is four nights 3-11PM, one day from 11-7PM, then two days off each week. So, my three evenings off I will make sure that no matter what we can have dinner together, even if it means bringing it up to him at school. Then the other evening he has to make sure he is available for 30mins for me. The other three evenings it would be great to have dinner with each other, but with our newly hectic schedules we need to be realistic. On the positive note, we do have the rest of our lives together to make up for Med School and the years that follow. It’s just my only fear is if we don’t try we will forget how to communicate with each other. Example: When people have children and put all their time and effort into raising them. So, then when the children leave (for college or they get married) they feel like they have to start over again or they just give up and end it. It happens all the time.
Comments and questions are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment