Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Am I Jumping the Gun?

I have this obsession, which I had worked so hard on curing while single, but Coy has awaken this monster... So, this past Sunday Coy and I (plus my Mom, sister and her boyfriend) went to the Wedding Show. I have went for the past three years but this year was different, it seemed so official. We registered under Bride and Groom, tried foods, talked to vendors and got a few ideas. I, also, ran into a few people I know and had to tell them the truth, "oh. we aren't actually engaged yet. We just know we are getting married next spring, so we came". It was kind of embarrassing though, because I feel like they are thinking "oh, so you are forcing him to marry you and you think dragging him here will help". No, he came willingly!... Anyway, since then we have made the list of who is invited to the destination wedding (the reception invite list is being put off for now because of the fact it will be long and probably should be typed. lol)... This brings us to, I've started looking at invites and such.
I started thinking the other day and made my final decision last night that our colors will be black, white and green. So, here is the SAVE THE DATE! I don't even know if this will be a good idea since we aren't having a ceremony in town. What are everyone's opinions?


I also found an invite I like too, but I would like to make a few minor changes to it. Opinions?


But the real question here is... Am I Jumping the Gun? I've always thought that I would have a long engagement. This way I would have time to have an engagement party, send save the dates, enjoy my engagement, plenty of time to plan, and enjoy the fact that I can say "This is my
Fiancé ", but plans change. The day has been officially set to May 21, 2011. That is 9 months and 11 days from today. That seems like plenty of time, but there is just so many "to-dos" running through my head. Plus, looking at invitations and dresses is good clean fun, but I do not think it is wise to begin ordering them until there is a ring on my finger... My Mom says she can plan a wedding in a month, I said no! How long does a girl need?
Comments please! I need opinions.


1 comment:

  1. nine months is plenty of time! get an organizer with the countdown in it (ie deadline to get invites out is this date) and start checking stuff off.

    you are such a great party planner already-- your wedding will be a breeze!

    so so happy for you two!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete