Monday, August 30, 2010

September is almost here...

I have been SO busy. I apologize. I’ve been really trying to keep up with the blogs that I follow, but that has taken away any time I’ve had left to write.

Things going on:

· Coy has not only started school, but has become elbow deep in it. He studies all the time and we try to have date night once a week and have successfully had dinner with each other every night, so far.

· We have changed our wedding date to Memorial Day weekend. Which we had originally chosen that weekend (May 28) because everyone would be out of school and it would just work out perfectly with his lease ending at the first of June, but then we realized it was Memorial Day weekend. So, we decided to bump it up to the 21st and just hope everyone could make it. But after a recent discovery of a major problem with our honeymoon falling on a bad week for me, we’ve decided to move it back to May 28.

· I’m ready for all the holidays… Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, which leads to my birthday, Valentine’s Day, and my anniversary. I can feel it getting close, not only because September is nearly here, but also Starbucks has started serving their pumpkin spice latte. YAY!!

· I love my new job at Starbucks. It has been a month and I absolutely love it more and more each day… Last week though, I worked 9 days straight and ended up sick. This then ended up making Coy sick. Whoops!

So, I was wondering “What makes a friend?”… Because the other night, I had a friend of mine say “we aren’t friends because we never talk anymore”. I’m like “we are talking now and we talked a month ago. So what do you mean?”… I feel if you were once a good friend of mine then you will always be a good friend, even if life gets too busy and we don’t get to talk as often as we used to… Coy works so hard to keep in contact with people. He really puts effort into keeping his friendships alive. I, on the other hand, just assume we will still be friends even if we only get to see or talk each other every once in awhile. I guess I just accept that I am busy and so are you and when we get time we will work something out. What do you think? Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. May 28th is our anniversary!! Clearly it's the perfect day for love :)

    p.s. not talking does not equal not friends. People are weird sometimes about friendships.

    ReplyDelete