Thursday, November 11, 2010

First Things, First: Ranting Wednesday is going to switch off with Random Wednesday every so often. Also, I didn't get to do my Random Wednesday Countdown yesterday, I will do it today.

  • I'll say Hello to Vegas in 13days!
  • Christmas is in 1month & 13days!
  • I turn 23 in 2months and 15days!
  • Coy & I get married in 6months & 17days!

Now, let me explain to you the importance of dating. I feel extremely passionate about this because I've been brought up in a family who has engraved this into my mind and now I am a living breathing example of it.

I would hope that most couples, like Coy and I started out dating. During this dating period you get to know each other, have fun, establish common interests and ultimately fall in love. For many of us after you have been together a while the dating unfortunately stops. Careers may have blossomed, children may have entered the picture or in my case, school takes ALL of your fiance's time. You may find that you and your mate spend little or no time together alone. It is proven that couples that have a regular date night have happier and healthier relationships . I strongly suggest that you schedule a date night once each week. This will help you recreate or keep the closeness, fun and thrill in your relationship.

You think date night is too expensive? I have great news, date night does not have to cost a lot of money, in fact it can be free. It is about being creative and spending time together. A date night out can consist of a walk in the park, followed up by snuggling up and watching t.v. or a movie. It may involve the two of you cooking an inexpensive meal together. Or you could also search for free concerts and/or festivals to go to.

You are too busy? People give time and attention to what they value and find important. If you value your relationship then make the time. It is worth it. Make it a priority in order to create a lasting relationship. Also, date night is not about the quantity of time, but rather the quality of time. Quality time is a healthy way to express love. Just remember "couples that play together, stay together".

I'd just like to thank all my readers for your comments on here and facebook. You are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment