Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm going to be completely honest. I've been really frustrated lately about my work situation. Coy being on break and knowing we have this Christmas and next Christmas break together, before who knows when we get another entire Christmas together. Also, my entire family is off all weekend (some all week), and most of my friends are off. I have never felt like it was so unfair... I've never had to work a Christmas! I used to never have to work a Sunday (I used to work Saturdays, but we were closed Sundays at Lavish). I also rarely worked past 7pm... I feel worn out, stressed out and I want a baby (thought I'd add that in there). I don't want to work 2 jobs anymore! My morning job is so early for how late I work the night before, but it pays well. I love my night job, but I hate working so late. I can't quit either, because I need the money... It's hard when you've always been handed things and then you grow up and find out that it's not easy making a house payment. My mom worked so hard when I was growing up. Sometimes I'd feel like I never got to see her... I respect her so much for that but I still don't want to do what she did... Since I'm being completely honest, I'll tell you that I'm fine with being a full time mom until my children are in school and then, I plan to go back to school (something my mom wasn't able to do). I can't wait for that time in my life. BUT I don't want Coy feeling like I'm a mooch. He has always been a hard worker in his work, in school and everything else in his life. Me, on the otherhand? Not so much. I feel like my decision to be a mom over my will to work is very selfish of me. So many other women are forced to work when their children are little, but I choose not to.
You like how I ran two subjects together? Me too. Thanks for reading my ramble. Also, please check out my recipes on my other blog, Foodies Anonymous.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas week!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, girl. Things will get better for you, I just know it!! This is just a "season." :)

    Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When u have your beautiful baby things will just fall into place...with some stress of course. I worked full time while prego up til last week (Jai is 16mths now). We decided we could be poor,
    pay daycare and miss him all day.....or be poor and spend every moment we can with him. (and of course have more loans) So I totally understand your thoughts. You'll be a great mom for already even worrying about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only 23, and not engaged or married or pregnant or anything, but I KNOW that when I have children, I definitely want to stay home with them, at least until they're 5 and starting school.

    My mother was a stay at home parent my whole life, and I think it was great for me, so I want the same for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweetie! I just got around to catching up on your blog. It's been awhile, sorry! But I just had to comment on this particular day's blog. NEVER feel guilty about being a stay at home mom, NEVER! There is no job where you work so hard, get paid so little, but is the most rewarding. Although I may not be contributing much financially, my contributions to my family are great and I know that Jim appreciates all that I do (well, most of the time) I'm sure Coy will see you for the wonderful wife and mother that you will be.

    ReplyDelete